Also located on Piazza del Pretorio, it is certainly the symbolic building of Sovana, present in all the photos portraying the village. This palace is also known as the Town Hall. Dating back to the 12th century, the building was born as a municipal seat. It was partially damaged by the troops of the Pitigliano County in 1433, but was restored in the following decades. In 1588 the clock was added today clearly visible and in the seventeenth century the bell tower. Starting from the seventeenth century, the building became the official seat of the city archive.
Consisting of two rectangular buildings set against each other, the one overlooking the square is divided into three floors, while the one behind it into two, having no top floor. The external walls are entirely made of tuff blocks. Today the building houses the documentation center on the history and archeology of Sovana.